Thursday, September 8, 2011

Hello World--er, English

Hey, I'm Alex(andra)                 , and this is my blog for American Lit. Pleased to make your acquaintance. This first post is to be an introductory one, so I suppose I will talk about moi, myself, and I.

Let's see. I enjoy drawing as well as writing poetry and stories, but it much easier to read those that are already published. I read mainly fiction: fantasy, realistic fiction (strange things that can almost happen to people in reality), and anything that tells the story of things out of the ordinary. Normal bores me. For instance, I am a fan (haha, I typed "naf;" what's a naf?) of the W.i.t.c.h. series, and I'm this close to having every book that's out there, namely, novels and graphic novels. W.i.t.c.h. is, as I'm sure you've guessed, a story revolving around five recently-made-magical girls who are chosen to protect the realms, endowed with magical abilities, and destined to save a world or two...etc, etc.

What else...OH! I have this collection of children's classic books, and I love all of the stories. I'm particularly fond of White Fang, The Call of the Wild, and Alice's Adventures in Wonderland/Through the Looking Glass. I'm telling you, Lewis Carroll (author of the last two books) was thinking up some crazy stuff; he really makes you wonder about some things. Sometimes it warps your view of reality (it did for me, anyway). Speaking of which, I also love the Chronicles of Narnia series; all seven books.

I may or may not have digressed a bit, but other things aside, I'm done for now. I'll see you next week, I suppose. I'm looking forward to this.
Hmm...I wonder if smileys are allowed?


"Why is a raven like a writing desk?"

No comments:

Post a Comment